Artacent® Flex is processed with the epithelial layer of the native membrane facing out on both sides, creating an ideal gliding surface for adjacent tissues. Amniotic tissue grafts have been reported in literature to improve surgical outcomes by reducing fibrosis, preventing adhesions and providing native growth factors. The grafts create an ideal environment conducive to the regeneration of healthy tissue.¹
Surgical barrier for these types of surgeries
- • Extremity
- • Orthopedic
- • Spinal
- • Urological
- • Vascular
- • Ophthalmic
- • Plastics
Key benefits of Artacent Flex
- • Dual layering and ability to place either side facing the wound.
- • Stores dry at room temperature instead of cryopreservation.
- • Readily adheres to wound surface and stays put when placed.
- • Repositionable design reverts to original shape when placed in saline.
Key Benefits of Amniotic Tissues
- • Shown to stimulate healing and to reduce scar tissue and inflammation.
- • Essential, native growth factors not removed by minimal processing.
- • Used clinically for over 100 years with more than 100 publications to date.¹
1 Fairbairn et al, The clinical applications of human amnion in plastic surgery. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2014. Jan 31. pii:S1748-6815(14)00037-0.